Take a look at our checklist of what you need to start your Spring Clean:
- Let your lawnmower to have the oil changed, bolts tightened and blades sharpened. (See in selected Expert Hardware stores)
- Inspect your gardening tools.
- Remove soil from your tools’ metal parts.
- Sharpen your tools.
- Rub the metal parts with olive oil to lubricate them.
- Assess your lawn’s health.
- Purchase Test kits for soil testing.
- Lime, treat moss and, finally, reseed as needed.
- Fertilize your lawn.
- Get rid of weeds as they sprout.
- Consult with an Expert Hardware expert in your area for dealing with persistent pests, or email email@example.com.
- Remove mulch over the course of several days, exposing the soil gradually.
- Till or spade soil 6 to 12 inches deep.
- Mix in compost, peat moss and fertilizer for plants or vegetables.
- Rake the soil level to smooth out low spots.
Seeding and Planting
- Choose neighboring vegetables carefully.
- Plant some perennial vegetables right in your rich new soil.
- Later in the month seed or set out hardier vegetables.
- Be sure the seedlings get lots of light.
- Plant fruit trees and berries (from late March into April).
- Set out or plant new roses and cool-loving flowers.
Pop into your local Expert Hardware for more information. Find your nearest store HERE.