- Grow your tomatoes in a location that has as much direct sun and shelter from winds as you can.
- Add compost or well-rotted manure to the soil you will be planting them in.
- Your plants will need support to grow strongly – use canes for tall varieties and/or netting for bushes.
- Water the soil, not the plant – tomato leaves and stems hate getting wet.
- Every week or so from when flowering starts, feed your plant – the developing fruit will love the potassium. At Expert Hardware we recommend Hygeia Tomato Feed.
- Water little and often – it encourages steady growth and helps to avoid split fruit.
To get more Expert advice drop into your local Expert Hardware Store HERE. Check out our special offer for Tomato Feed this month in Expert Hardware Stores Nationwide.