Pressure washers are fun to use, but they also show dramatic and quick results that you’ll be begging to clean your neighbors driveway and car once you’ve finished your own.
You can use a pressure washer to clean nearly any outdoor item.
By following the tips in this blog, you’ll learn how to use pressure washers safely and efficiently.
- Clean any debris from the inlet Filter.
- Tighten all hose connections so no air can enter the lines.
- Set the spray lance to a low or no pressure setting to prevent recoil, or kickback, when the washer is started.
- Completely turn on the water tap at the house. Squeeze the spray lance trigger to prime the pump and purge air from the system.
- Start the washer, Let the washer run for a minute to warm up. To avoid damaging the pump, never run a washer longer than three to five minutes (depending on the model) while the trigger is off.
- With the washer running and the trigger locked “off,” adjust pressure and spray settings, or insert nozzle tips in the spray lance. Now the washer is ready to use.
- Position the spray tip at least 2 feet (0.6 m) from the surface to start. Gradually move the tip closer. You risk damaging the surface if you hold the tip closer than 12 inches (0.3 m).
- Hold the nozzle at a 45-degree angle to the surface. These will help direct loosened debris away from you.
- Apply detergent by starting low and moving upwards. Allow the detergent to soak for at least 3 minutes before rinsing. Don’t wait long enough for it to dry. Rinse the surface by spraying water from the top down.
- Follow Manufacturers instruction on how to store and clean your presser washer.
This month only at Expert Hardware, we have an amazing special offer on our SKIL High Pressure Washers, For only €89.00 with a 2 YEAR WARRANTY!
Take a look at the rest of our fab June Offers in your local Expert Hardware today.