Be Cautious When Installing Exterior Lighting
- Always use a good secure ladder when installing your outdoor lights
- Before installing always check that all lights work correctly
- Make sure your lights are turned off when you leave the house or when you go to bed at night
- When using extension leads make sure they are rated outdoor use
- Always keep extension cords neatly placed and taped across walkways as you don’t want you garden to be hazard
- Always choose waterproof lights
- Never use indoor lights externally
- Ensure outdoor trees with Christmas lights are not too near power lines.
- Only buy Christmas lights marked with a safety standard
- If in doubt, throw them out
- Never overload a socket
- Unplug all Christmas lights and electrical appliances before leaving your home and before to go bed at night
For more Expert Advice pop into your Local Store TODAY!
Find your Local Store HERE