As the end of summer nears, August is the perfect time to tidy those
flower beds after the crazy summer of growth. Even tough the summer is
drawing to an end, now is not the time to stop your garden maintenance as
weeds and pests continue to be a problem.
Lawn care should now be top of your garden agenda to have the perfect garden for
Top Tips For Plant Care
1. Continue to treat roses for black spots & mildew. Remember to dead
2. Support taller plants using bamboo canes or stakes
3. Trim back flowers
4. August is a good month for trimming evergreen and beech hedging
5. Begin collecting seeds of herbaceous and flowering plants and store in a
cool dry place for the following spring
Top Tips For Lawn Care
1. Avoid feeding your lawn by the end of July
2. You can begin to aerate your lawn, in dry conditions
3. Reseed bare patches in the grass and water after sowing
4. Treatment for moss can begin
5. Stay on top of weeds!!
FOR ALL YOUR GARDEN HINTS & TIPS CALL INTO YOUR LOCAL EXPERT HARDWARE STORE!!